1. Chef Lee Hillson’s resurrected pasta carbonara at T. Cook’s. The resort restaurant’s longtime chef is back, and he’s bringing egg yolks with him. royalpalmshotel.com
2. Tipping back a Zombie at the new High Street location of Hula’s Modern Tiki. If anyplace needs a dose of tiki swerve, it’s North Phoenix. hulasmoderntiki.com
3. Crushing some of those delicious-looking wood-roasted oysters at Persepshen. Named the No. 3 best new restaurant in the Valley by PHOENIX dining critic Nikki Buchanan. persepshenarizona.com
4. Hoofing it out to East Mesa to try Bibio Modern Korean Kitchen. Because quality bulgogi is worth driving for. bibiokitchen.com
5. Toasting Downtown’s continued resurgence at Barrel & Bushel at the Hyatt Regency. Free-wheeling street-side gastropub due to open in January. hyatt.com
6. Diving into Downtown Phoenix’s winter food-and-drink festival scene, including The Arizona Wine Festival (January 24) and the irresistibly named Arizona Nom Nom Noodles Festival (January 18).