Wow Wow Hawaiian Lemonade is probably best known for its selection of swoon-worthy lemonades crafted with organic cane sugar, but they also feature smoothies, overnight oats, whole grain toast and acai bowls. They recently rolled out a spring menu, which includes the Desert Vibes Bowl, a tasty roundup of tropical fruits mixed with some ingredients that have digestive benefits.
When preparing the bowl, make sure you don’t add too much kombucha to the mix, says owner Todd Casselberry. “We like it to be a really thick, smoothie bowl.” And if you layer it the right way, it looks like a desert sunrise. Aloha.
Desert Vibes Bowl
- ½ cup Pink Lady Apple Kombucha
- 6 oz. frozen banana
- 2 oz. frozen pineapple
- 2 oz. frozen mango
- 1½ tbsp. coconut butter
- Top ingredients:
- 1/8 cup bottom granola (They use Laura’s Gourmet Granola)
- ¼ cup top granola
- 3 tbsp. mango turmeric puree (mango with turmeric juice, but you can also use just plain frozen mango)
- 2 tbsp. strawberry puree
- ¼ cup strawberries
- 1/3 cup pineapple
- 1 tbsp. coconut chips
- 1 tbsp. mango turmeric puree
- Add Pink Lady Apple Kombucha directly into the Vitamix blender.
- Then, add frozen banana, frozen organic pineapple, frozen organic mango and coconut butter into the Vitamix.
- Puree in a blender on medium-high speed. Make sure there are no chunks.
- Grab your bowl and fill with the first granola measurement.
- Take the first mango turmeric puree measurement, aiming to the sides of the bottom half of the bowl, then add half of the smoothie base.
- Take the strawberry puree – aiming to the sides of the top half of the bowl, then add the second half of the smoothie base.
- Top the bowl with granola, strawberries, pineapple and organic coconut chips.
- Drizzle remaining mango turmeric puree over the entire bowl.
- Eat with a smile!