1. The re-jiggered grilled octopus at Nico Heirloom Kitchen. Chef Gio Osso’s signature dish gets a makeover. Now dressed with poblano, garbanzos and chorizo.
2. Hitting Vincent’s on Camelback during Arizona Restaurant Week (Sept. 20-29). As an aperitif to Chef Vincent Guerithault’s star-studded 50th anniversary roast in October.
3. The debut of Phoenix Unknown: World Food and Music Night Market at The Van Buren on Friday, Sept. 13. Global music and bites to match. statesidepresents.com
4. All-you-can-eat Tuesday rib tips at Trapp Haus BBQ. Following a rigorous workout, naturally.
5. The new Chupacabra Taproom in Mesa. 28 taps! The city we once dubbed “Nil Avenue” is now showing sustained signs of coolness.
6. The return of chiles en nogada at Barrio Café. Our favorite fall dish in the Valley.