If you’re like me right now, you can’t get Earth, Wind & Fire’s September out of your mind – and you can’t stop thinking about the lineup of new craft beer available for the long holiday weekend!
Here are some of the new offerings from breweries around Arizona to kick off your Labor Day weekend a bit early on Thirsty Thursday!
Simple Machine Brewing (Phoenix)
- Dank Machine, 9% ABV imperial IPA. Brewed in collaboration with Craft Beer Hop Stop at 7th Avenue and Union Hills in North Phoenix, this is available in cans at that store. Make sure to tell Allen, the store owner, congratulations on six years! Dank Machine is also on draft at the brewery.
- Optimus Lime Sour, 5.9% ABV fruited sour on draft at the brewery.
The Shop Beer Co. (Tempe)
Business Ethics, 7.5% ABV double dry hopped hazy IPA. Order online or walk-up and get this to-go. $19 for a four-pack.
Flying Basset Brewing (Gilbert)
Wai Berry, 7.5% ABV hazy IPA. From their single tank IPA series Wai Berry is available in four-pack cans for $14.99.
Wren House Brewing (Phoenix)
Perseverance, 7.7% ABV west coast IPA. Notes of tropical fruit, berries, limoncello and candied grapefruit. Available to-go in four-packs for $16.
Helluva Brewing (Chandler)
Big Bad Monk, 9.1% ABV Belgian tripel is back for a limited release.
Grand Ave. Brewing (Phoenix)
Rusty Spoke, 7.3% ABV American red ale is back on tap.
Arizona Wilderness (Gilbert & Phoenix) 7 Year Anniversary Week!
- AZ Dreamsicle, 8.5% ABV double IPA brewed with oranges from Agritopia Farm. Only available for ordering online Friday afternoon.
- Folded Hills, 5.3% ABV sour ale aged on apricots from Folded Hills Farm in Cornville, in French oak for more than a year.
- Time Spent, 8.3% ABV sour blonde ale aged on strawberries and apricots. On draft only with limited availability at both locations.
- American Presidential Imperial Stout, 11.5% ABV Russian imperial stout. This annual release is available in four-pack cans and on draft. Coffee and barrel-aged variants release in cans on Monday, September 7.
- Sonoran Prince, 6.7% ABV sour fermented for eight months with peaches from Agritopia Farm. Available in bottles and on draft.
- Strawberry Sunset, 6% ABV sour aged in French oak and re-fermented on top of strawberries from Crooked Sky Farms. Available in bottles and on draft.
- Blood Orange Refuge, 6.8% ABV IPA. This is a citrus-forward variation of their flagship IPA, brewed with blood oranges from Agritopia Farm.
- Arizona Time, 8.4% ABV west coast IPA. The profile is subtle on the pine but big on the grapefruit!
Historic Brewing (Flagstaff & Williams) 7th Anniversary Release Week!
- Schultz Creek Wheat, 5.3% ABV Hefeweizen. Notes of banana, clove, wheat and apple slices.
- Tonto Trippel, 8% ABV Belgian tripel. Named after a trail near the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, Tonto Trippel has hints of citrus, yeast and coriander, and finishes with white pepper and slight booze.
- Weatherford Weizenbock, 6.3% ABV German style bock with wheat added. Flavors of wheat, bread and caramel.
Mother Road Brewing (Flagstaff)
Luau Station, a 7.2% ABV tropical variation of Tower Station IPA. This one is brewed with passion fruit, pineapple, orange and guava juices.
Crooked Tooth Brewing (Tucson)
Harvest Moon, Belgian witbier brewed with lemons instead of traditional oranges. Congrats to Crooked Tooth for reopening this week!
Pueblo Vida (Tucson)
White Peach Cereus IPA, 6% ABV Infusion IPA. Bring in a growler for a fill, because it is peach season after all.
Four Silos Brewery Coffee & Beer (Gilbert)
GoatGoat GOOSE, 10.8% ABV triple IPA. This souped-up relative of DuckDuck Deuce double IPA is said to pair well with a Magic Breakfast Sandwich from Four Silos. Breakfast of champions!
Here’s a separate list of all the new Oktoberfest releases this week:
- Huss Brewing (Tempe & Phoenix) has its award-winning 5.5% ABV Bavarian Marzen on tap at both locations and you can find it canned in stores around Arizona.
- Pedal Haus (Tempe & Chandler) 5.3% ABV Oktoberfest is on tap and available for crowler or growler fills to go.
- Fate Brewing (3 Valley locations) 5.5% ABV Fatetoberfest is on tap and available in four-pack cans to go for $15. Try it in a 20-ounce mug for $14 and return with the mug for happy hour prices all month long.
- Flying Basset Brewing (Gilbert) 6.2% ABV Oktoberfest is available on draft and in cans to go.
- Wren House (Phoenix) has a 5.5% ABV Oak-fermented Festbier available in four-packs for $16.