1. The legendary fire-roasted seafood tower at Maple & Ash. It’s actually more of a platter than a tower, but you’ll be unconscious with pleasure while eating it, so who can tell? mapleandash.com
2. The Arizona Taco Festival on October 12 and 13 at WestWorld of Scottsdale. It has all the local stars of Mexican hand-food. aztacofestival.com
3. The ridonkulous fried chicken sandwich at New Wave Market in Old Town Scottsdale. Popeye’s? Child, please. Available only on Thursdays.
4. Anything and everything at the new Century Grand. Bites from veggie star Sacha Levine? Cocktails and a train-station concept by the UnderTow guys? All aboard. centurygrandphx.com
5. The grilled seitan al pastor tacos at Earth Plant Based Cuisine on Grand Avenue. We’re not vegans or anything. But that name. earthplantbased.com
6. A Manhattan at Spirit House, the new headquarters of SanTan Distilling. Part of the rising wave of coolness in Chandler we write about on page 24. santanbrewing.com