Jason’s Deli was founded in Beaumont, Texas, in 1976 by Joe Tortorice Jr. and now has 290+ locations in 28 states. In 2005, Jason’s Deli was the first major restaurant concept to ban artificial trans fats in the U.S. and later became the first to eliminate high-fructose corn syrup.
1) Free Ice Cream for Diners at Jason’s Deli
A tradition for more than 30 years that began when a deli manager found a frozen yogurt maker in the storeroom and began making ice cream for guests.
2) 912,408 Gallons of Ice Cream Were Devoured Last Year
And 14,315,392 wafer cones by our guests!
3) In 1984, July became National Ice Cream Month
The third Sunday in July is National Ice Cream Day.
4) The World’s Tallest Ice Cream Cone is 10 ft. 1.26 in.
It was made in 2015 for the Tall Ships Race in Kristiansand Harbour, Norway.
5) It Takes Three Gallons of Milk to Make One Gallon of Ice Cream
A cow makes enough milk for two gallons of ice cream a day.
6) For a Sweet Surprise, Add a Dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream to Your Cup of Jason’s Deli Coffee
Our founder Joe Tortorice Jr. likes it this way.
- Garden Fresh Salad Bar – It’s all you care to eat for one price: select organics, dozens of toppings, cheeses, fresh-made sides and mini muffins.
- Reuben THE Great – A half-pound of hot corned beef (or pastrami), Swiss, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, grilled on rye. Served with chips or baked chips.
- California Club – Roasted turkey breast, bacon, Swiss, guacamole, tomato, organic field greens, mayo, on a toasted croissant. Served with one side choice: fresh fruit, steamed veggies, baked chips, or blue corn chips with salsa.