They’re currently on the hunt for the best love stories in Arizona. Residents can send in their love stories (in 250 words or less) for a chance to receive a gourmet meal for two. Three winners will receive a meal including a meat and seafood option, tempting sides, decadent desserts, plus a dozen signature truffles, floral bouquet and a $75 AJ’s gift card. (Dudes, take it a from a lady – this Valentine will score you HUGE points.)
To enter, submit your love story on AJ’s Fine Foods’ website: ajsfinefoods.com/loveisintheair
Entries will be accepted through Thursday, Feb. 2.
To help you love birds win this delicious chef-prepared meal, I have compiled my top three tips for writing a winning love story.
- Write with all five senses (Taste, Smell, Touch, Hearing, Sight): Recreate the butterflies you felt when you first laid eyes on your significant other. Transport your audience to the very moment you fell in love, regardless how banal or ordinary – it’s the little details that make a big impact..
- Be real: Every relationship has its good and bad moments. Be authentic – it’s more relatable. We’ve all wanted to flip tables over dirty dishes. Love is working through that urge.
- Be concise: If you stray off topic, your readers may become impatient. Make sure you stick to your main points.
- Edit: Be your own editor. Your first draft will most likely have several errors. Reread and edit your story before you turn it in.
- Ask for feedback: Ask your significant other for input (unless it’s a surprise). Sometimes another pair of eyes can catch mistakes you miss. And even if you don’t win, sharing memories with each other will be romantic as hell.