Some areas of the Valley will see temperatures below triple digits for the first time in a long time this weekend, which is as good a reason as any to raise a glass to toast! Do it with one or more of these tasty new craft beer offerings from breweries across Arizona.
Beer Research Institute (Mesa)
- Black Is Beautiful, 10% ABV imperial stout brewed in collaboration with Weathered Souls Brewing. Proceeds from sales donated to ACLU of Arizona. Releases in cans on Friday.
- Tropical Boom Box: Pineapple, Blood Orange Guava. Brewer’s note: “Boom Box is our smoothie-style sour. Two pounds of fruit per gallon of beer. Yeah… thats not a misprint! Triple Berry Boom Box will make an appearance this weekend.”
Front Pourch Brewing (Phoenix)
It’s Chime Time, 5.3% blonde ale, new batch kegged this week.
Simple Machine Brewing (Phoenix)
Black is Beautiful, 9% ABV imperial black IPA. available in 4-pack cans for $20 or crowler & growler fills.
PHX Beer Co. (Phoenix & Scottsdale)
Tovrea Strong Ale, 9% ABV strong ale brewed with chocolate rye and tons of hops, then rested on Elijah Craig Bourbon barrels.
Bone Haus Brewing (Fountain Hills)
- The Whispers of Geronimo Episode 1, 5.5% ABV oatmeal milk stout. Available on tap and in 4-pack cans.
- Desert Distortion Episode 5, 6.7% ABV New England IPA. Available on tap and in 4-packs.
Goldwater Brewing (Scottsdale & Mesa)
- P-40 Warhop, 8% ABV double dry hopped double hazy IPA. Releases on Friday, July 25.
- Cherry Limeade Sour, 4.8% ABV fruited sour. Releases on Friday, July 25.
Wren House Brewing (Phoenix)
- Whitewater Draw, 8% ABV white double IPA. Available in 16-oz. 4-pack cans.
- 3144, 4.3% ABV lager. Available in 12-oz. 6-pack cans.
Arizona Wilderness Brewing (Gilbert & Phoenix)
Camp Light, a 150-calorie American light lager. Available in 4-pack cans.
Helluva Brewing (Chandler)
Shaka Inu, fruity pineapple beer. Brewer’s note: “an excellent pineapple aroma with a mild fruity flavor. We only brewed ONE KEG of this summer special, so come get it while it’s cold!”
1912 Brewing (Tucson)
1912 Prickly Pear Margarita Gose, Made with prickly pear, agave, tequila staves and sea salt.
Dillinger Brewing (Tucson)
Cash Me Inside, 9.5% ABV double hazy IPA made with cashmere and Belma hops.
Sedona Beer Co. (Sedona)
Shred Juice, 6.5% ABV hazy/juicy pale ale.
Historic Brewing (Flagstaff & Williams)
- Everyday Special Hoppy Pilsner. Available on draft in Historic Brewing taprooms and coming out in cans in late August.
- Saguaro Sunset, 6.3% ABV unfiltered West Coast IPA. Available at Historic taprooms in Flagstaff and Williams.
Dark Sky Brewing (Flagstaff)
- Destruction By Definition, 13% ABV barrel-aged English barleywine. Available in cans to go.
- Behind The Light, 14% ABV barrel-aged blueberry pastry imperial stout. Available in cans to go.
- Rainy Daze, 6.8% ABV hazy IPA. Available in cans to go. The option to order beer online is back on the Dark Sky website.
Mother Road Brewing (Flagstaff)
- Barstow Blonde, 4.8% ABV blonde ale. A limited release that is malt forward and very low hop presence. Crisp, clean finish and gluten reduced. On tap at downtown location only.
- Pomegranate Blonde, 4.8% ABV blonde ale infused with pomegranates. A slightly tart finish that pairs perfectly with sitting outdoors under Mother Road’s newly covered patio!
12 West (Gilbert & Mesa)
Zona Pilsner, BLAP! BLAP! Belgian Wheat, and Midnight Run Oatmeal Stout available in new 16-oz. cans on August 1. They’ll be available at both 12 West locations as well as in Phoenix-area Total Wine locations.
State 48 Brewery (4 Valley locations)
- A new Marzen will be out early next week.
- A blonde coffee stout and a blackberry gose will release in three weeks.
Helluva Brewing (Chandler)
Oktoberfest brewed recently and due out in a few weeks.