Exciting new offerings from Pueblo Vida, Arizona Wilderness, Tombstone and Goldwater highlight this week’s list of craft beer releases from Arizona breweries.
12 West Brewing (Mesa & Gilbert)
Cake Day, 9.5% ABV imperial dessert stout brewed with cocoa nibs, raspberry and vanilla. At $24 for a 4-pack, this is a sweet one to savor.
Goldwater Brewing (Mesa & Scottsdale)
- Austrian Beer Machine, 3.9% ABV Vienna style Lager (releases Friday)
- Mad Hops, double west coast IPA (releases Friday). Brewer’s note: Different hops give this an improved taste over last year’s batch.
Arizona Wilderness (Gilbert & Phoenix)
- Smoked Apple Gose, a sour wheat ale. Wilderness brews this each year to honor the 19 members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their lives in Yarnell in 2013. Part of the proceeds are donated to the Eric Marsh Foundation. Brewed with apples from Agritopia Farm and smoked by Joe’s Real BBQ.
- Flannel Samurai, a table IPA collaboration with San Diego’s Modern Times Brewing
- Padre Kino, a Vienna lager
Simple Machine Brewing (Phoenix)
Citra S.M.A.S.H, 6.3% ABV pale ale. SMASH stands for single malt and single hop. Citra SMASH is strong on grapefruit and lime, with notes of passion fruit, lychee and gooseberry.
Peoria Artisan Brewing (Peoria)
Barker Island, lager brewed to enjoy on a hot summer evening
Tombstone Brewing Co. (Tombstone)
Not Really a Barleywine, five variations of a barrel-aged beer in a can. Aged for 13 months in Knob Creek Bourbon barrels, Reposado Tequila barrels, Jamaican Rum barrels, Buffalo Trace Bourbon barrels and Scotch Whisky barrels. These cans will be available only in the taproom for $14 each.
Pueblo Vida (Tucson)
- Rural, 4.7% ABV dry-hopped pilsner with notes of apricot and lemongrass
- Cereus, 6% ABV IPA with notes of white peach, green melon and candied orange
- Margarita Rice Cream, 6.5% ABV IPA brewed with Jasmine rice, coconut, lime juice and orange juice
No flavor is left behind this weekend!
1912 Brewing (Tucson)
Random Voices from A Secret Raccoon, 8% ABV New England-style double IPA. Named after something Braydon (the 6-year old son of 1912 Brewing’s owners) said one night at dinner, this is the 13th in the ‘Random Voices from a Secret Raccoon’ series. Braydon is now 9 and had a hand in picking the hops. Kids say the darndest things.
Historic Brewing (Flagstaff & Williams)
- Go Against the Grain IPA, 7.5% ABV dry-hopped citrusy IPA with wheat flavor
- Sweat Shorts Session IPA. Brewer’s note: An easy drinking Session IPA with flavors of mixed berry and cereal up front, but finishes with an assertive and lingering bitterness. Great for those looking for that hop bite from an IPA without the high ABV.
Sedona Beer Co. (Sedona)
- Blackberry-Go-Round, 6.3% ABV solera-style wild ale that is juicy, oaky, tart and brewed with all the blackberries
- Honey & Orange French Tripel, 8% ABV French spiced tripel. Brewer’s note: A delicious list of flavor complexity includes bubblegum, spice, oranges, ginger and honey.
Banhhof Gose, an annual sour inspired by a trip to Germany. This one is light and perfect for the summer, and it might just inspire your trip up the I-17 to get it.
Harbottle Brewing (Tucson)
Cucumber Derby, a cucumber/mint sour
Bone Haus Brewing (Fountain Hills)
- Madam’s Revenge Orange & Coriander Belgian Ale
- The Red Wraith Irish Red IPA
- Englemann’s Elixir Prickly Pear Pale Ale
Saddle Mountain (Goodyear)
Tahelenbak, 5.7% ABV Munich Helles lager
Brewer’s note: The Munich malt provides bread-, toast-, and biscuit- like flavors, while a German noble hop variety provide balance with a very subtle hop presence.
Helton Brewing (Phoenix)
A new west coast IPA and a hoppy pilsner collaboration with Helio Basin Brewery go on tap this week. Helton also has fresh new cans of Valley Venom Pilsner, Northeast IPA and Boysenberry Sour available to go.