Following the usually dry course of the Hassayampa River, this wonky walk culminates at a prominent russet-colored rock outcropping and favorite roosting site for turkey vultures.
- LENGTH: 4 miles to Red Cliff and back
- RATING: easy
- ELEVATION: 1,710 – 1,771 feet
- BEST SEASON: October – April
- FACILITIES: none
- From Phoenix, go north on Interstate 17 to State Route 74 (Carefree Highway).
- Take SR 74 west (toward Wickenburg) for 30 miles to U.S. 60.
- Turn left and go 0.8-mile on U.S. 60 to Gates Road at milepost 121, turn right and continue 2.3 miles to the trailhead at Little Domingo Wash.
- Do not park within a quarter-mile of the livestock water tank and respect private property in the area.
- Access roads are paved.