2021 Arizona Beer Week will look and feel very different than years past. For starters, Beer Week is basically the entire month of February split up by the three regions of the state. Northern Arizona had the first week, the Phoenix area gets the middle two weeks and Southern Arizona gets the last week in February. Second, instead of a Strong Beer Fest, the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild announced a Saving Strong Beer event on Sunday, February 21 at Old Ellsworth Brewing in Queen Creek.
The help offset Guild revenue losses due to cancelled events, many breweries around the state collaborated on a recipe called Rebuild the Guild, to benefit the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild, the central organization that provides guidance and lobbies for the local craft beer industry.
Throughout Beer Week, we will post about new releases we hear about or are lucky enough to sample for ourselves! Cheers to Arizona beers and drink responsibly!
New IPA, Chimichangas and Valentine’s Menu at SanTan Brewing
- The Chandler and Uptown Phoenix pubs both have a special Valentine’s weekend menu featuring prime rib, crab stuffed prawns, Chicken Florentine and more for dinner, plus seasonal brews Night of the Living Red and Cherry Poppins on draft.
- Rebuild the Guild IPA is set to release on Friday, Feb. 19.
- Chimi Week begins Monday, Feb. 15. Rethink everything you thought you knew about the unofficial state food of Arizona! SanTan is making variations with Philly cheese steak, Chicago deep dish, Thai peanut chicken and more all week long, a different chimi each day paired with a SanTan beer.
The Baron of Arizona West Coast IPA at Bone Haus Brewing
Visit this quintessential desert southwest brewery in Fountain Hills for a draft pour of the newly tapped Baron of Arizona West Coast IPA — and make sure to ask about the story behind the name.
Miner’s Debt Black IPA & Dutchman’s Dream Auram Hazy Tropical Pale Ale are two of the newest Bone Haus brews in cans and available to take home.
Hop Fly session IPA and more at Saddle Mountain Brewing Company
- Saddle Mountain created the new Hop Fly session IPA for spring training season. Available at the end of February, this beer will be on tap at the brewpub and a mile down the road at Goodyear Ballpark. It will be the only beer on draft at the ballpark for spring training.
- Twisted Blarney Dry Irish Stout is now on tap.
- Strawberry Bitch fruit beer is back on tap starting Friday, Feb. 12.
- Most of the Saddle Mountain mainstays are freshly bottled this week for take home.
Rebuild the Guild Black IPA and more at 8-Bit Aleworks
Mosaic and Citra hops combine to create this lighter & brighter tasting black IPA, a beer brewed in the style of 8-Bit’s spring seasonal Super Offensive Tanooki black IPA.
8-Bit Aleworks also collaborated with The Beer Research Institute in Mesa for Cyril Figgis, a Belgian quad with figs.
Rebuild The Guild IPA
The proceeds from the sales of this benefit beer will go towards saving the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild, which will go a long way at keeping the local craft beer industry afloat.
Breweries participating in the Rebuild The Guild collab include:
- Huss Brewing Co.
- Dragoon Brewing Co.
- Uncle Bear’s Brewery & Taproom
- The Shop Beer Co.
- PHX Beer Co.
- State Forty Eight Brewery
- The Beer Research Institute
- Front Pourch Brewing
- Walter Station Brewery
- Four Peaks Brewing Co.
- LazyG Brewhouse
- O.H.S.O. Brewery + Distillery
- Desert Monks Brewing Co.
- Pedal Haus Brewery
- 8-Bit Aleworks
- Crooked Tooth Brewing Co.
- Fate Brewing Co.
- Simple Machine Brewing Co.
- Lumberyard Brewing Co.
- Historic Brewing Co.
- SanTan Brewing
Nellsonnn! Single Hop IPA from Front Pourch Brewing
This single hop New England style IPA uses the New Zealand varietal Nelson-Sauvin hops to create a fruity & tropical brew. This new beer was released on Tuesday, February 9 and Front Pourch is donating a dollar from every pint sold during Arizona Beer Week to the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild.
Nathan Jr. (offspring of Hazing Arizona) at Walter Station Brewery
Walter Station has three new releases this month:
- Pilsner Schmilzer (a Bohemian Czech Pilsner with new packaging and a slightly different recipe)
- Nathan Jr. is a hazy IPA with more stone fruit forward flavors of peach, plum and pear and slightly lower in alcohol and carbs than its bigger brother Hazing Arizona.
- Coffee and Cream is now on nitro for a smoother experienced to this light cream-styled beer.
- Salt & Sour gose sticks true to its name: it’s salty and it’s sour, and it is tasty!
Rye Around The Corner and more from Simple Machine Brewing
- Tap That AZ Hazy IPA, 2nd version of the collab brew with TapThatAZ Podcast.
- Rye Around The Corner Pale Ale releases on Friday, Feb. 12. This collab is with Kitsune Brewing, Furious Beer and BBQ, and two homebrewers/breweries in the making: Coriega and Ember.
- Fruited Sour collab with Helton Brewing releases the week of Feb. 15.
- Rebuild the Guild benefit beer releases the final week of February. Simple Machine head brewer/owner Marshall Norris brewed it as a session IPA, and it releases on Feb. 26.
Bourbon Barrel-Aged Morenci Cooper and more at PHX Beer Co.
This seasonal release was aged in Buffalo Trace Bourbon barrels for nine months and features notes of honey with a refreshingly smooth burn you’d expect from a bourbon drink. Available now at the Phoenix taproom and Scottsdale restaurant locations.
Other releases include:
- Bourbon barrel-aged Barley Wine is also on tap, aged for 10 months in Heaven Hill Distillery barrels.
- Howling Oats session Hazy IPA with Mosaic and Simcoe hops.
- Beyond Pale Ale, an American-style pale infused with blood orange concentrate.
- Rebuild the Guild benefit beer (wheat-style ale with notes of lemon, banana and clove) in coordination with Walter Station Brewery. Look for its release on Monday, Feb. 15.
- Proceeds from sales at PHX Beer Co.’s Scottsdale restaurant and Phoenix taproom on Feb. 20 will be donated to the AZ Craft Brewers Guild.
New DIPA and Saison at Wren House Brewing
- Designer Duvet double dry-hopped hazy double IPA available Wednesday Feb. 10 in 4-packs.
- Countryman saison available Weds., Feb. 10 in four-packs.
- Fresh batch of Spellbinder hazy IPA available in cans.
New Sour Ranger at Goldwater Brewing
- The Pink Ranger is Goldwater’s 4th installment of this year’s GoGo Sour Rangers lineup of pucker-up beers. Look for notes of pink guava and raspberry when this one comes out on Friday, February 12.
- Bazooka Baboon Double Hazy IPA also comes out on Friday, Feb. 12.
AZ Dreamsicle DIPA and more from Arizona Wilderness
Perhaps the most popular seasonal release Arizona Wilderness does each year, Dreamsicle is like the name indicates: a dreamy concoction of locally grown oranges, vanilla beans, milk sugar and Citra hops to taste like a creamsicle. This released on Monday at it’ll go fast, so order soon from the Gilbert location only.
Releases later in the week include:
- Citrus Valley Triple IPA on Thursday, Feb. 11
- Barrel-aged Woodchute Barleywine (aged in 14yr Old Fitzgerald barrels) on Thursday
- Muir’s Mure Mixed Culture Sour on Thursday
- Warmth Mixed Culture Sour (aged in Caskwerks Apple Pie Liquor barrels) on Thursday
- Heart Shaped Box Cherry Chocolate Pastry Stout on Sunday, Feb. 14
- Ro-Ro Double IPA on Thursday, Feb. 18