We quickly dipped into early morning lows in the 60s around the Valley this week, prompting some to break out a long sleeve shirt or light jacket (or at least contemplate it).
When temperatures start dropping, craft beer drinkers start thinking about changing their orders from light lagers to heavier stouts. And it looks like some Arizona breweries are obliging our desires with these new craft beer releases this week.
Goldwater Brewing (Scottsdale & Mesa)
- Legendary, 9.4% ABV Russian imperial red stout brewed with Guatemala Ayarza Coffee from Press Coffee and roasted Nicaraguan cacao nibs from Zaks Chocolate. $22 for a four-pack or $6 for a single can. Releases on Friday.
- IN$UFFICIENT FUND$, 5.2% ABV Centennial fresh hop IPA with notes of citrus, lemon and pine. Brewed with fresh hops from the Crosby Hops farm in Oregon. $22 for a four-pack or $6 for a single can.
Wren House Brewing (Phoenix)
Limonada Rosa, 6.5% ABV fruited sour ale fermented on raspberry puree, lemon puree and lactose. $20 for a four-pack.
Four Peaks (Tempe)
Bamberger 2.0, 4.6% ABV ale smoked on oak and beechwood. Only available on draft at the 8th Street location.
O.H.S.O. (4 Valley locations)
1-800-273-TALK, 6.9% ABV New England IPA brewed and canned to raise awareness for National Suicide Prevention Day on Thursday, September 10. $1 for every can and pint sold goes toward the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.
Desert Monks Brewing (Gilbert)
Klosterkind Märzen, 5.8% ABV Bavarian-style Marzen is available on draft in the taproom and canned for take home orders.
Pueblo Vida (Tucson)
Stratum IPA, 6.5% ABV India pale ale dry-hopped with Strata hops. Notes of ruby red grapefruit and peach skin. $17 for a four-pack.
1912 Brewing (Tucson)
SHAKA EH BRAH, 5% ABV Hawaiian-inspired gose.
Dark Sky Brewing (Flagstaff)
- Turbulence, 12% ABV imperial milk stout. Brewed with barrel-aged Guatemalan coffee beans and chai spices. Available only on tap and in 16-oz. crowlers to go.
- Fest Bier, 4.5% ABV German pale lager available in time for Oktoberfest. Single cans for $6 and four-packs for $16.
Oak Creek Brewery (Sedona)
Munich Vibe, 5.5% ABV Munich lager seasonal is on tap. Celebrate “Septoberfest” at Oak Creek with this traditional Bavarian style beer and a pretzel! ⠀
Grand Canyon Brewery (Williams & Flagstaff)
Pumpkin Springs Porter, 5.8% ABV pumpkin beer is back on tap.
Mudshark Brewing (Lake Havasu City)
Peaceful Pumpkin, 5.1% ABV pumpkin beer with notes of cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar.
Saddle Mountain Brewing (Goodyear)
300 Foot Steve, 7.5% ABV imperial red ale is back on tap.
Peoria Artisan Brewing (Peoria)
- Haboob, 6.8% ABV black IPA, a seasonal brew of dark roasted malts and bitter hops.
- Citrus IPA, 5.7% ABV India pale ale, a new batch freshly tapped this week.