Talk about worlds colliding! Today, Thursday August 6, is National IPA Day (celebrated on the first Thursday in August every year) and Friday is International Beer Day! How are we not issued an automatic four-day weekend for this? Well, some of us might be imbibing over this stretch and if you need something new to try, you’ve come to the right place! Here is your list of this week’s new craft beer releases from Arizona breweries. Celebrate the holidays responsibly.
Fate Brewing (Scottsdale & Tempe)
Slade Reserve Hard Cherry Limeade. 7% ABV imperial radler. Brewer’s note: Effervescent with a blast of fresh cherry limeade to get the night started, pairs best with cold pizza and good times. $15 for a growler fill to go.
Four Peaks Brewing (Tempe)
After School Snack, 4.7% ABV fruit beer made with strawberries, dehydrated peanut butter and bready malts to mimic a classic PB&J sandwich. Sales of the beer support Four Peaks for Teachers, a school supplies initiative.
Pumpkin Porter released this week (a month earlier than normal). The Four Peaks classic is available in 6-pack bottles and will be on tap starting Friday.
Simple Machine Brewing (Phoenix)
- Optimus Lime, 5.9% ABV fruited sour. Available in four-packs for $18.
- Zealander, 6% ABV American IPA. One of our favorites from Simple Machine, available in four-packs for $16.
Peoria Artisan Brewing (Peoria)
Lake Pleasant Pale Ale, 5.8% ABV American style pale.
PHX Beer Co. (Phoenix & Scottsdale)
Far Beyond (blood orange version not yet named), 5.5% ABV pale ale.
Goldwater Brewing (Scottsdale & Mesa)
Tears of Calypso, 6.6% ABV hazy IPA with notes of juicy sweet pear, white peach, tropical fruit and hints of lemon and lime. Releases on Friday.
Cider Corps (Mesa)
Summer Pie Series 6-pack available this week for $20. The patriotic group includes two red, white & blue cans of each flavor:
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Apple Pie
- Blueberry Pie
An active or retired military discount is available to bring the price point down to $17.76. God bless America!
Historic Brewing (Flagstaff & Williams)
Deer Lord, 5% ABV German Alt Bier. This one is a return of a classic beer that many Historic fans know well.
Frosted Tips Belgian Blonde Ale. Brewer’s note: A traditional Belgian blonde ale with a medium-light body. The slight hop bitterness balances out the sweetness. Banana, yeast, clove and slight spiciness level out for a delicious finish.
Dark Sky Brewing (Flagstaff)
Drury Lane, 4.7% ABV fruited sour Berliner Weisse conditioned on blueberries and vanilla beans.
Mother Road (Flagstaff)
Pandemic Pale Ale, 5.9% ABV. Brewer’s note: Fruity aroma, piney bitterness, slight spiciness upon first sipping with fruit-forward notes of citrus.
“It may be cliche, but we had to… Pandemic Pale. It won’t cure COVID, but it’ll cure whatever else ails ya!”
Wanderlust Brewing (Flagstaff)
Cave Springs Prickly Pear Sour, 4% ABV. Fruity and balanced – and available in a four-pack for $12.
State 48 Brewery (5 Valley locations)
- Chocolate Coffee Blonde Stout, 7% ABV. Slightly roasty with strong coffee flavor.
- Marzan, a traditional German marzen. Brewer’s note: Sweet maltiness should dominate slightly over a clean hop bitterness.
- Bock party, 6.5% ABV bock with a malty toffee crisp finish.
- Pineapple Pilsner, 4.5% ABV traditional German pilsner. Brewer’s note: A nice crisp finish and fruited with pineapple puree.
1912 Brewing (Tucson)
Passion Fruit Guava Pie Gose available in four-pack cans for $22. Order online and pick it up or have it delivered to enjoy at home.
Dillinger Brewing (Tucson)
Tiki Party, 4.6% ABV sour. A tart and refreshing beer with passion fruit and mango. Great to have on hand if you’re hosting a luau!
Tombstone Brewing (Tombstone)
- Helles Dorado, 5% ABV Munich helles lager. $12 for a four-pack in the taproom or available at select bottle shops in the Phoenix area.
- Tombstone Lite, 4.2% ABV lager. Tombstone’s first “light” beer is in cans for $8 for a four-pack.
- More Hops, 7.5% ABV IPA. $14 for a four-pack.
- Citra Single Hop IPA, 7.1% ABV hazy IPA. $12 for a four-pack.
Harbottle Brewing (Tucson)
County Kerry, 5.5% ABV Irish red ale.